Problem we are facing
- We are a CRM company with event management tools. Our clients want an easy way to register people for Zoom meetings/webinars directly from our product and then have participant data sync back after the meeting is over. They need to be able to authenticate at the user level each time they want to link a webinar or a meeting to an event record in our system.
- We can get the participant data just fine for meetings using the “get past meeting participants” endpoint, but we cannot do it easily for webinars.
Solution we’d like
- We would like a way to get the basic data for webinar participants in an endpoint accessible through a user-level Oauth App.
Describe alternatives you’ve considered
- The “get webinar participants report” endpoint would work fine, but it is only accessible for account level Oauth Apps so we can’t use it.
- The “get webinar absentees” endpoint tells us who didn’t show up to the meeting, so we could extrapolate who did show up by comparing it to the “get webinar participants” endpoint. But the problem is that if someone called into the meeting from their phone without clicking the link from their email as well, than their registration shows up on the absentee report. We also don’t get to see participants who didn’t register in advance. Basically, working with the absentees endpoint to extrapolate participants is a poor substitute for a true “get webinar participants” endpoint.
- We are trying to build an integration that will be used by thousands of organizations that use our CRM and Zoom for Virtual Meetings. Our clients are major non-profits and political organizations and if we can get this integration to work, we know it will improve the stickiness of Zoom for our shared clients once the current crisis is over.