Issue: track user names after a meeting

I would like to track who joined after a meeting. However, it seem the participant user name use two * replace the last 2 letters of every word of the user name. Does anyone know how to get actual full name? Thanks.

For example:
Craig Hilton will be replaced as Cra** Hilt**.
This is the same in those place:

1. Admin Dashboard tracking the meeting records.
  2. usage report
  3. API data request.
2 Likes

I have the same issue - this was working last week but now appears broken.
Interestingly the same user in some records appears with their full name however in other meetings they do not. Both meeting have required authentication via our SSO.

This error also occurs in the LTI attendance report in Canvas. It does not display the user’s full name. Please help!

@frankli, have you got any update or clue on this ?

I am also getting the same masked data across all (reports, admin dashboard, api calls):
Par** Pat**

Hi @parthpatel.pp802, not yet. I had a live chat with the support yesterday but they were also unware of this issue. Just waiting for the feedback.
Not sure if this was caused by the recent Zoom 5.0 update but anyway there is no reason they masked the data for the host/admin to get the participant names.

it seems the data has come back and we can get the real full name.

1 Like

Hey @frankli, @mpleasance, @parthpatel.pp802,

Apologies this happened, the issue should be fixed now, but please let me know if you still see the issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

It appears to be happening again. Both dashboard and api.

Mark

yep, I can see the full name now. thanks for the updates.

Hi Tommy,
This appears to be happening again - 14th May. Some sessions have the ** others don’t.
Thanks

1 Like

Concur this is happening for our organisation also

Thank you for looking into this, it’s appreciated. But, the problem persists. Below is the situation:

When creating a meeting on zoom, the generated vILT Registrant Keys and vILT Join URLs from the roster are sent - http://icecream.me/4e65ef9c4c0e728051792cf6d5118a3b

But Zoom sends back to us invalid data. In particular, there is no id field, by which we check in the code whether the user was at the meeting or not and by which we check Attendance - http://icecream.me/3a56379c90ba835cf991e9d8f7cbebf6

The first id, marked red - is the id of the instructor, it is not taken into account in the roster and always comes, and then you can see the id of the users which comes empty. But in general, the rest of the data is sent correctly, making our logic to mark checkbox Attendance Synced for a meeting without errors (which is not right). Therefore, we see that the problems are on the side of Zoom, where something is wrong with the formation of the response to our request.

I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Hey @mt_ya, @matthew.crawford, @mpleasance,

What endpoints is this happening to? Have you read the functionality about the id field?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

Yes, we read the functionality for the ID field. Please see the attached items (due to Zoom’s policy, I’m not allowed to send more than one image).

As you can see, two registrants were created. Next, we launched a meeting that lasted more than 1 minute with a host and 2 registrants. The attachment depicts what is sent back to us after the meeting.

1 and 3 are registrants. In the middle is the host. As you can see, an Invalid ID is sent back to us, which is not correspondent to those that were given to users during registration. For one of the registrants, the ID did not get sent back, although both registrants were logged in to Zoom via a Zoom application (desktop).

Sincerely,

Mike

(Attachment Zoom_ID.pdf is missing)

Hey Tommy,

Yes, we read the functionality for the ID field. Please see the screenshot (due to Zoom’s policy, I’m not allowed to send more than one image).

As you can see, two registrants were created. Next, we launched a meeting that lasted more than 1 minute with a host and 2 registrants. The attachment depicts what is sent back to us after the meeting.

1 and 3 are registrants. In the middle is the host. As you can see, an Invalid ID is sent back to us, which is not correspondent to those that were given to users during registration. For one of the registrants, the ID did not get sent back, although both registrants were logged in to Zoom via a Zoom application (desktop).

Sincerely,

Mike

Hey @mt_ya,

Did the users click on the unique registrant join_url to join the meeting?

Can you send these details along with the meeting ID to developersupport@zoom.us so we can investigate further?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

Would it be possible for us to schedule a 30 min - 1 hour zoom meeting to discuss this?

mt_ya

Tommy,

Everything is in request #5460323. We spoke with Ojsu about everything. He ensured that we would get an update from him but never did and the case is marked closed. Any help would surely be appreciated.

Hey @mt_ya,

After looking at the status of your ticket, we are waiting for engineering to debug the issue. We will keep you updated after we hear from engineering about what is causing this issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

Im having exactly the same problem with participant names abbreviated in the records and its so hard to track attendance. Chr** Koss** for example