Limit number of devices to access registrant URL

Description
we are adding registrants to meeting/webinar via API and sharing the unique URL with attendee,how can we limit the number of users who can connect via that URL?

Error
N/A

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
User OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants

Hey @sabraha5

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

apologies I might have misstated my question…I am not asking to limit the number of registrants for a meeting/webinar…is there a way to limit the number of accesses to a registrant URL for a meeting or webinar? we are trying to limit the sharing of registrant URL to others…thank you…

Hey @sabraha5,

Yes, you can only allow the unique registrant join_url to be used once by turning off the “Allow attendees to join from multiple devices”

Thanks,
Tommy

hey @tommy…thank you very much for the response and i see in the webinar create API (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinarcreate) the “allow_multiple_devices” setting…but it seems the same does not exist in meeting create API (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate)…is there a way to allow 2 number of “access” per registrant URL…the reason being if someone has an issue on a device and switches to another device…we would want to allow that scenario? thanks…

Hey @sabraha5,

The allow_multiple_devices is not open to the Meeting APIs yet, but will be soon. You can adjust this setting on the meeting page in zoom.us/meeting

As for your question, basically the allow_multiple_devices only allows the link to be used one at a time. So if the user wants to switch devices, they can simply leave the meeting and join via the unique join link using the other device and it will work. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

hey @tommy…thanks again for the feedback…have a nice weekend!

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.