Local, per-user/individual volume control in Zoom meetings/webinars/etc

I 100% agree with you. This is a huge problem, and is affecting learning for many students. My child mentally disengages from class because of this very issue. Some students are ear-splittingly loud. I have been searching the web to see if we can adjust other participants on our end - her teacher has been wonderful, and is looking for a fix on her end as well. This is very much needed

3 Likes

I think the easiest “single button” solution is to add a simple control that the host can toggle–or a slider to adjust–that controls compression of ALL participants’ audio. Compression is more important than EQ in this situation. It should be independent from the host’s screen sharing audio (which would destroy music quality).

1 Like

Just found this thread and wondering if any progress has been made on giving hosts or co-hosts the ability to control the volume of each participant in a meeting. I need this bad for the work i do filming legal deposition videos. Or if Zoom hasnt done this yet, anyone know another program that might give us this control?

2 Likes

@michael.harrington @tommy - any progress on this much-wanted feature? Thanks!

2 Likes

+1 here. I spend 10-20 hours per week in virtual co-working meetings with 20+ participants at any given time, and the inconsistency of volume between users is distracting me to no end.

2 Likes