Local, per-user/individual volume control in Zoom meetings/webinars/etc

Agreed.

[December 2021] "I guess we’ll be waiting until 2022 for this feature. (2023…?)

Getting a bit ridiculous at this point, especially because Zoom already isolates, for example, audio in recordings (you can get separate audio files for each speaker) - and the change is really something that can be done locally. Zoom has the architecture to do so, there’s clearly drive and this is one of the most requested features on here, so I’m a bit perplexed about what makes this so hard. It would be a local change, so it’s akin to changing the volume of the application (not on the server side)."

cc: @michael.zoom @tommy

Really sad. :no_mouth:

I made this feature request that is very much needed for practicality, safety, and usability more than two and a half years ago. Zoom already allows one to get individual audio track recordings per user. So there’s clearly separation implemented for many years in the backend. This is disheartening that Zoom won’t just add this feature so that it would help so many people. It’s done locally and doesn’t even result in any real overhead to the backend servers.

We will be leaving Zoom in the next few months after being customers for over three years if this is not addressed, as by now, other platforms seem to care more about their customers’ requests.

Hey @saro , @ThreeRocks ,

Happy to share volume control is now available in the Video SDK Web release 1.5.5:

Best,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.