MacOS - Safari computer audio support

I have a question regarding WebSDK Computer audio support in Safari (MacOS, desktop).
We were using it for webinars couple of weeks ago and I’ve tested it on Safari which went well.
With the current WebSDK (1.7.6) the Computer audio panel is showing message about Chrome / Edge only.
What is the situation about this? A lot of our customers is on Safari desktop, so we are really concerned about supporting computer audio for their webinars.

Even the current documentation says that computer audio is in Safari only for webinars.
" * Joining computer audio on Firefox and Safari is only available for webinar attendees."

Thank you, appreciate your great work!

Browser: Safari 13.1

it seems to be v1.7.6 specific… 1.7.5 joins audio in safari with no issues

Hey @mchrenko,

Can you share a screenshot of the error? Make sure you are serving your site over https.

Also, if 1.7.5 fixes the issue, stay there until 1.7.7.

Thanks,
Tommy

We are seeing this too.

Thank you for reply @tommy,
we’ve tested 1.7.7 on webinars and there is no Computer Audio support on Safari and Firefox.
We are reverting back to 1.7.5 which works well on both browsers (desktop versions).

1 Like

Hi @mchrenko,

Right now the WebSDK does not support Computer Audio for Safari. We will be supporting Computer Audio for Firefox in our upcoming release.

Thanks

Hi Michael How are you?
Yesterday We found a really good ponyfill

that enables AudioContext, AudioWorklet and all the standard
In our standalone test It works but Could not integrate It in ZOOM web SDK
think is possible to use?
Best

1 Like

Hey @JuanLopez,

Feel free to try and use it.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Question on Safari audio for webinar attendees on WebSDK::

States: “The browser support of the Web SDK directly reflects that of the Zoom Web Client.”

The chart on that page shows an asterisk for Safari audio support, with the footnote:" * Joining computer audio on Firefox and Safari is only available for webinar attendees."

So that would seem to indicate support. According to the above thread there isn’t support. Or, according to the above there was in old versions. We get no audio in Safari.

Can you please clarify, whether it will ever be supported, and perhaps what the issue was that it was previously supported and now isn’t?

Furthermore, if it isn’t supported it would be great if you updated your docs.As I just based my client system requirements for browsers based on your document. And now, on a live production event have people complaining of no audio, since there’s a good amount using Safari. Which would not have been an issue, had I known in the first place and been able to advise appropriately.

I shouldn’t have to look in the forums to find out current issues. Have you considered maintaining an ongoing issue/bug list? Or is there one somewhere I am missing? I can’t read/peruse forums every day to find out about black screen issues, missing audio, etc and would like to know about any current issues that could affect our customers.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey @mb_j,

Since Webinar Attendees are view only, they will be able to hear the speaker/s when joining via the Web SDK. Are you having issues with this?

Thanks for your suggestions around an ongoing bug and feature comparison list. We will work on adding this to our Web SDK docs.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy yes, we are having issues with this. Audio doesn’t work on Safari for webinars. That is incoming audio, we know outgoing isn’t usable. Ojus has said this is fixed in 1.7.9. If that’s the case it would probably be good to add that to the release notes. Please read the thread above where Purnell says “Right now the WebSDK does not support Computer Audio for Safari. We will be supporting Computer Audio for Firefox in our upcoming release.”
So which is it officially? Supported or not in 1.7.8? If yes, then why is it unusable for us? If no then when will it be supported? Next release?

Hey @mb_j,

EDIT: This issue will be fixed in version 1.7.9.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @mb_j,

We just released version 1.7.9, the Safari Audio for Webinars issue is fixed. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks