Meeting bad audio and bad video

Good afternoon,

when it came to show the video on zoom . The sound was extremely low. This was surprising as I had tested the video beforehand on zoom with a colleague, who was able to hear it loud and clear. Could the number of participants logged on (at the time we were 85) have affected the sound quality of the video?
May you please look into this for us as we will be showing a video during that time.

Hi dear,
I am using CDN web sample version 1.7.8
But I’m still facing audio issue till now, especially when sharing a screen using web SDK
This meeting Id that I used : 94873537949

can any one help me

We had a zoom celebration more than a week ago with the G10s - all went well, except when it came to show the video. The sound was extremely low. This was surprising as I had tested the video beforehand on zoom with a colleague, who was able to hear it loud and clear. Could the number of participants logged on (at the time we were 85) have affected the sound quality of the video?

May you please look into this for us as we will be showing a video during that time.

Hey @sanat,

For issues unrelated to this topic, please create a new one: #web-sdk

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @aya, @s.shehadeh,

Please provide steps to reproduce the issue.

What exactly is the audio issue?

Thanks,
Tommy

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Start a meeting in web SDK
  2. Let someone else join
  3. Share screen
  4. Talk and let the other party talk , and you will notice that the audio is breaking
1 Like

Hi Tommy,

We have the same issue. Some of our participants are facing audio issues (audio breaking, low volume) and this is happening frequently and like one of the comment suggested, we keep sharing the link to open on a desktop application and then things become normal.

Hey @aya, @developer21,

We have an upcoming release which should fix the audio issues:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Thanks for your reply .

I have tried Zoom via web from this link, please check this link (https://prnt.sc/t4r7m5),
and I noticed the audio issue exists in it as web SDK, this meeting id (***********).

dear, You mentioned that audio issues will fix today ( June 24th, 2020) as mentioned here @v1.7.9

but I didn’t find any notes for this problem (audio issue).

please clarify to me if it will be resolved today in the upcoming release(v1.7.9) or not

*This post has been edited to remove any meeting / webinar IDs

Thanks for your reply .

I have tried Zoom via web from this link, please check this link (https://prnt.sc/t4r7m5),
and I noticed the audio issue exists in it as web SDK, this meeting id (***********).

dear, You mentioned that audio issues will fix today ( June 24th, 2020) as mentioned here @v1.7.9

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/stay-up-to-date/upcoming-changes/web-sdk

but I didn’t find any notes for this problem (audio issue).

please clarify to me if it will be resolved today in the upcoming release(v1.7.9) or not

*This post has been edited to remove any meeting / webinar IDs

Hi there,

The audio quality issue with the web sdk is also (after many tests with different hardware profiles) related to user’s CPU capacities.

To make it simple for people here that did not perform any performance tests, the web SDK is doing everything by CPU : tasks like audio processing & so on but also video encoding.
Video encoding will use at least 1 complete CPU, and from what i have monitored during tests with multiple hardware it can use much more depending on the situation and the hardware.

But i’m pretty sure that over the net, most of “basic” users (understand non IT people with monster machines) use to buy entry level computer with let say dual core cheap CPU.

With such low specs machines, just running an integrated application with zoom web SDK (with nothing else running on same machine) would use more or less 80% of the available CPU. This is just enough to have both audio & video working with sometime some impacts if something else is running on the same machine.

If you start to activate screen sharing (or just application/tab sharing as screen would be even worse), then it will start to consume more CPU for the video processing and since there is not much this would have a direct impact on audio processing on this host machine, thus drop audio quality delivered to all meeting participants.

So don’t forget about that too when you face such issue. There is not a single source for this kind of issue. Fixing web sdk library is one thing, running on too low specifications (unfortunately that’s a requirements for web sdk) is another one.

1 Like

Hey @aya,

The Web SDK release has been delayed:

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Tommy

Hey @nvivot,

Thanks for sharing this info with the community.

We are working to fix the CPU issue on Chrome, but it depends on a Chrome release. Stay tuned.

-Tommy

1 Like

@tommy looks like 1.7.9 is out for SDK. We are having an issue with the recaptcha feature. First we would just like to disable it. Barring that, we have allowed pop ups in our iframe so that this feature can work, but it is failing because it says our browser is in icognito mode when it is not.

EDIT: I posted in the 1.7.9 release thread. Can ignore this.

Hey @pat.ransdell,

I have added the link to your post so others can reference.

-Tommy

Audio Quality is still low, and CPU usage is still high, It could be argued that is a Browser limitation or because using low spec machines. but other web based conferences apps don’t have this issue.
Have been waiting more that 2 months for this fix. already lost clients because of this, and not getting an answer or a fix, none of the releases have notes on this.

I’m having the same problem and am getting a lot of complaints. I do regular webinars and online classes. When I meet with one or two people, the video and sound are mostly fine. When I do a webinar with 70+ people and we disable all video but my screensharing, audio is mostly fine. But when I have 100+ people all on video, the sound quality drops dramatically–lots of stuttering sounds and sometimes audio stops completely for 5 - 7 seconds. Sometimes video freezes.

This is a significant issue, so I’d also be grateful for a solution!

Hey @JuanLopez, @kathryngz,

We are in the process of fixing this issue. I will keep you updated.

What version of the Web SDK are you using?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi, just experienced the same issue in a test meeting. We’re using embedded Zoom Web SDK for an online conference, embedded the Zoom link and when the two of us testing joined, our audio was terrible and broken up and the video was completely out of sync. We disconnected from that and joined via the desktop Zoom app, and audio and video were both normal (also for the Zoom stream embedded in the browser), so it was to do with the AV input coming via Zoom Web SDK. The whole point of embedding Zoom in this fashion was to minimise the barrier for entry (e.g. no need for app) but this performance issue is a big problem. Are there any planned fixes for this?

Hey @rhobslein,

Yes, we are working on fixing this in a future release. I will keep you posted. (CS-2018)

Thanks,
Tommy