You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit

@elisa.zoom hello, we are having this problem. We had to cancel all our meetings, any information on the subject?

1 Like

Still this problem. We have three licences, no possibility to use two of them.
Worse still, no reaction from the ZOOM team!

As a responsible company with emphasis on business ethics, we can’t afford this situation.
We are receiving complaints from our clients as well as employees.
Seems the only solution is to CANCEL the subscription?

image_2023-04-06_205908482|690x441

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I am sorry for the inconvenience that you are facing and I want to thank you for your patience.
I am working on getting more information about this issue to share with you.
I will update you once I have more details.

Cheers,
Elisa

1 Like

hi , all our meetings have been canceled, when will this situation be fixed?

1 Like

Still waiting we can not use olur license.

Good morning! I am sending from Euroidea Educational Group. We use Zoom for all our programs and we have a problem with the licence. We can’t have online classes since yesterday. We would like to have an official reply to inform the Workforce Employment Agency and the Ministry since we are unable to work.
Please contact me via email to info@euroidea.gr.
Thank you in advance,

Dear forum members. I got a response from Zoom. It was specifically noted that it will not be possible to assign the license to another user. I quote three sentences:

“… Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service.”

“If your use of Zoom services requires additional licenses to comply with Zoom’s single-user-per-license requirement…”

“…there is no issue to be resolved.”

1 Like

It’s wrong for it to suddenly shut down like this without any warning. Open the accounts for at least a while, then let’s use our existing licenses as named licenses.
Because of this attitude, we started to search for alternative platforms.

1 Like

Dear Zoom, when I can manage the purchased licenses, I cannot assign users

1 Like

if it is true, it’s so sad unfortunately

1 Like

This is poorly imposed if it is true that a license can only be assigned up to 4 times a month. There was no communication regarding this abrupt rule and the lack of information on the website is not helping whatsoever. Small businesses that depend on Zoom will now have to scramble for a solution. For a large corporation, this is unacceptable from Zoom. The previous abrupt change was imposing 40 minute limit to basic users of pro license owner, which made us buy more licenses and re-code our website in a hurry to work around it. Apparently, this was not enough and now this assignment limit is the last straw for us as there are only so many licenses we can afford and buying more is beyond our means.

I really hope Zoom reconsiders this action. If not, I guess this will be goodbye.

5 Likes

Mr David you are absolutely right. Announcement or notification is required before this change made by Zoom. If it goes on like this, we will look for alternative routes and say goodbye to Zoom.

@elisa.zoom

3 Likes

Where is this rule written, could you show the relevant term of use article? Is it something that has not been implemented for years or is it a new rule, why is no one writing a clear answer yet?

1 Like

Absolutely right.
we are looking for a new decision right now.
Zoom we say goodbye.

2 Likes

This is wrong on so many levels to have multiple licenses yet unable to use any. Zoom is effectively denying paying customers access to paid services. If assigning limit is reached, the very least is not to allow a license to be un-assigned so some accounts will still be able to use them. So right now I have 3 licenses just sitting there idling with no one able to use it. Is Zoom waiting for a class action suit on this?

My licenses have 6 months to go so I suspect a request for pro-rata refund will be denied as well.

3 Likes

Hi, why is there no response on this issue? We did not get an answer to any of our questions. What is the license limit? Is there a monthly restriction? Can we transfer the license to a different account? No one from the Zoom team knows about this issue. Why don’t you help?

@elisa.zoom

1 Like

very true, instead of locking the account, do not allow assigning licenses to someone else, prevent this in software. It’s weird to allow this operation and then lock it, it feels like it’s trapped.

I talked to zoom support again today, the zoom term of use was also mentioned in 1.2. We learned by experience this month.

Terms: https://explore.zoom.us/en/terms/
1.2 Prohibition on Sharing . You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, unless otherwise expressly pre-approved by Zoom in writing. You may not share any login credentials or passwords regarding the foregoing with any other individual. You acknowledge that sharing of any such rights is strictly prohibited. Your right to use or access the Services and Software is personal to you and not assignable or transferable. You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, except upon (i) an individual termination of employment or relationship with their employer, as applicable, or (ii) Zoom’s prior express written approval.

Why not make it so that the license stays with the owner, but he can not transfer it? Now everyone’s stupid situation because the licenses just stand and we use the basic version and update the conference every 40 minutes. What kind of stupid policy do you have? No loyalty to customers

2 Likes

I am a customer and I feel the same things:)

1 Like

Somebody help us…we can’t use it anymore like before