Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again

@tommy @michael_p.zoom i am getting this error.

so from my investigation, seem now sdk can only access the meeting and webinars created by your account ( the account used to generate the JWT app) weird

:thinking: :thinking:

Hi @patrick.izigo @akshayjadhav19710 @vikasprashar99 @rajatdav2000 @developer-whova

Can you please email the below contents to developersupport@zoom.us? We’ll take a look at your accounts individually to see why it’s not working and provide a workaround to get you all going.

1. Meeting ID used
  2. Marketplace developer email
  3. JWT app Key/Secret used

I’ll also reply back here with the workaround/solution just in case others are finding the same issue.

Thanks

Hi Michael,

There was a small mistake from my side. I figured that out. I would also like to ask that is there any sample web app for react bcz i want to integrate zoom sdk on a react project.
I tried the latest npm but not working for react.

Hey @rajatdav2000,

Happy to hear it’s working. We currently do not have a react sample app, but if you follow the instructions on the Web SDK NPM page, it should work.

If you are having additional issues, please create a new thread.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi tommy,

Please am having this issue. I will appreciate your help!
I am using version 1.7.6

1 Like

Hi all, we are also having this problem, upgrading to 1.7.7 does not help.

We have noticed that it only happens for some users. So with the exact same setup when creating meetings with userA we get the above error in the WebSDK but for another user with the same meeting setup it works fine.

We’ve sent an email to developersupport@zoom.us but no response.

I can only imagine this is some problem in Zoom?

It appears again sometimes in my case, It occurs when I create meeting from the API consecutively

Same issue here, Tried multiple zoom meeting ids and passwords for sample app you have on github,

Here is screenshot,

It does go into success call for ZoomMtg.init , but fails for ZoomMtg.join

Meeting ID: 728 1684 9120
Password: 8t9bBD

I’m using 1.7.7 version and below is my package.json file,

{

"name": "websdk-cdn",

"version": "1.7.7",

"description": "Zoom sample app for web client WebSDK",

"main": "index.js",

"dependencies": {},

"devDependencies": {

"concurrently": "^5.2.0",

"http-server": "^0.12.3"

},

"scripts": {

"test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1",

"start": "concurrently \"http-server -a 0.0.0.0 -p 9999 -c-1 -o index.html\"",

"https": "concurrently \"http-server -a 0.0.0.0 -p 9999 -c-1 -S -C localhost.crt -K localhost.key -o https://localhost:9999/index.html\""

},

"author": "Yang Jack",

"license": "ISC"

}

Also tried Local, same results.

1 Like

Me too, I have a Pro account, but nothing happen yet… this same error continues to show

@tommy Since yesterday I am facing the same issue, before that it was working for me, getting ‘Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.’ error while trying to join/host a meeting using web-sdk.
I am creating meetingRoom from zoom create meeting api and then trying to enter meeting from web-sdk.
Let me know if you need more info on the same, I am continuously facing the issue for all meetings.

this is one of the config for which it failed:

1. apiKey: “”
  2. apiSecret: “”
  3. meetingNumber: ***********
  4. passWord: “”
  5. role: 1
  6. userName: “mamta”
  7. proto: Object

got this error of connection timed out

1. errorCode: 1
  2. errorMessage: undefined
  3. method: “join”
  4. result: null
  5. status: false
  6. proto: Object

*This post has been edited to remove any meeting / webinar IDs

@tommy @michael_p.zoom

I think this issue occurs when someone tries to join a meeting which is not created by the same account (that their API key and secret were generated from)
I have tried this twice and this seems to be the issue. Can you please confirm ASAP?

hi…i am using 1.7.7,still not working. getting ‘Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.

Hi @michael_p.zoom and @tommy I’m so experiencing the same issue of successful ZoomMtg.init but failure on ZoomMtg.join with 1.7.7 . This subsequently shows the error “Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.” I’ve tried several different meetings and I’ve tried both http and https, both locally and CDN.

1 Like

I’m having this issue too with 1.7.7 My guess is that it’s due to the time() in the generate_signature() function. What timezone should we be using? I’m using PHP’s date_default_timezone_set(‘America/Denver’);

I just updated to 1.7.7 and am getting this error when most accounts create a meeting and then my sdk app connects. However when I use my account to create the meeting this issue does not occur. I need solution to this. Does it have something to do with the SDK api key as it relates to the account which creates the meeting? Should I be using the SDK or JWT key type? Has my SDK trial expired?

Hi All,

Here are a couple steps that helped others resolve their request timeout issue.

1. Upgrade to a Pro account. That account that using the JWT app credentials within the Web SDK or hosting the meeting needs to be a Pro account as a workaround for this error right now.

2. Use a newly generated scheduled meeting ID instead of using a PMI meeting number.

3. Make sure that the meeting ID is valid and not deleted. One way to test is to try to join via Native client. If you get an invalid meeting ID error, that most likely means that the Meeting ID is invalid or deleted.

4. If you are getting a Generated Signature error. Please make sure that you’re generating a signature properly on your end by
    a) Try to run the meeting using the sample web app to verify that your signature and account/meeting info is able to join successfully.
    b) If you’re able to join the meeting successfully using the sample web app and you want to generate the signature on the backend, make sure that your systems time syncs with World time - Join meeting timeout or signature expired.

Hello,

I experience the same issue.

Have tried all 4 “workarounds” and nothing works :frowning:

this is the console output for the sample app:

index.js:89
{method: “join”, status: false, result: null, errorMessage: undefined, errorCode: 1}
method: “join”
result: null
errorMessage: undefined
errorCode: 1
proto: Object

Btw, I am a Pro Licensed Account

I’m able to join a regular meeting, but when I try to join a webinar it just gives me the connection time out error.

Michael_Purnell what is “world time”? do you mean UTC? Can you explain more to us how zoom’s servers handle the time in the signature? What clock server are your systems using as the definitive?

My linux server is set to sync to 0.pool.ntp.org The server is in MST. I’ve tried the below code as well as setting date_default_timezone_set(‘UTC’); but no luck

Here’s my PHP code

date_default_timezone_set('America/Denver');

function generate_signature($api_key, $api_secret, $meeting_number, $role) {
     $time = time() * 1000 - 30000; //time in milliseconds (or close enough)

$data = base64_encode($api_key . $meeting_number . $time . $role);

$hash = hash_hmac('sha256', $data, $api_secret, true);

$_sig = $api_key . "." . $meeting_number . "." . $time . "." . $role . "." . base64_encode($hash);

return rtrim(strtr(base64_encode($_sig), '+/', '-_'), '=');
}