Bad Audio Quality

Hi @tommy,

Facing this audio break issue in Web SDK 1.8.0.

Thanks for letting us know @karthikeyan.ramaraj.

We are working to improve the audio.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Michael,

No offense but with 1.8.0 and SIMD activated we have not notice a single improvement regarding CPU usage, or audio quality or video quality.
At the contrary, the 1.8.0 brought new breaking changes and few bugs.

What kind of improvements are we suppose to observe ?
Did you run your tests on machine populations and if so could we have access to these tests + results ? That would help a lot to lead our own tests in the good direction.

Thank you.

Hi tommy - we have a conference at the end of this month - do you think realistically you wil have another release out after 1.8.0 to fix audio - its a disaster - or no way or chance in next couple weeks ? We are going with a backup plan.

Hey @tom3,

I do not have an exact timeline for the release of version 1.8.1.

As a backup plan, I suggest using the Zoom App if you are experiencing bad audio with the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @nvivot,

Thanks for your feedback. We will reply to your post here regarding your questions:

Thanks,
Tommy

We are running 1.8 on https and still experiencing a ton of audio issues. We invested a lot of money into Web SDK and it’s simply not usable.

I am having issues with all browsers at this point. Any attendee if joining from Macbook Air or Windows Surface PC either sees delay in audio, stutter or no audio

UP,

Here is our customers feedback about audio quality on our application, so using Zoom Web SDK. Audio quality here means both sound quality and services availability.
We have about 700 users reporting every day through this survey so it’s pretty “accurate” and reliable source of information.
What is interesting here is that we can clearly observe the change between 1.7.10 (pretty stable performances during all August) and 1.8.0 (released on August 26th) with a visible drop.
Our application is still using 1.7.10 but of course the 1.8.0 implies some changes on Zoom backend services i guess and these changes clearly had an impact on the audio quality / service quality.

Please stabilize the quality of the audio’ services as soon as possible. This do not depends on a specific SDK version as it appear to be mostly backend side.

Hey @nvivot, @nitin1, @chris3,

Thanks for reporting the audio issues, and apologies for the inconvenience. We are currently working on improving and fixing the audio issues and will update this thread once complete. (CS-2018)

-Tommy

Hey @tommy, @michael_p.zoom

I have upgraded my web sdk to 1.8.0. , but still experiencing the same audio issue as it was in earlier versions … when we will be getting the next fixed version

Hey @gautam.singh,

Thanks for letting us know. We are in the process of improving the Web SDK audio. Stay updated on this thread, or here:

-Tommy

Hi,

We are a startup company called Eminera and we are trying to integrate Zoom as we have a client base with 50000 users and every day session happens which is about 300 to 400 sessions per day and we are integrting web SDK for our application enCore

We have integrated the Web SDK and audio quality is very bad - lot of times we cannot even hear the participants even if they are connected

Audio is mostly jaggered - like breaking every now and then, we can hear barely few words when participants are speaking

Hey @rajat,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Web SDK.

Can you please provide the following details so we can better assist:

Description
A clear and concise description of what the question is.

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which version?
Knowing the version can help us to identify your issue faster.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to ‘…’
  2. Click on ‘…’
  3. Scroll down to ‘…’
  4. See error

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: [e.g. iPhone6]
  • Version: [e.g. 22]
  • Browser:[e.g. Chrome]

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

It is coming up soon on 2 months now since the last release - for the upcoming 1.8.2 - can you share any insight on any approaching release date - we are anxious for the audio fixes to be available hopefully.

Regards !
Tom

1 Like

Hey @tom3,

We are doing our best to fix as many bugs and make as many improvements in each release. We did release version 1.8.3 over the weekend:

That being said, we are nearing completion of improving the audio issues and will release those in the near future.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thanks Tommy … liked “That being said, we are nearing completion of improving the audio issues and will release those in the near future.”

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Thank you for the update. May I know what specific Audio improvement have Zoom done on v.1.8.3?

Lara

Hey @lfrancia,

You can see all the included bug fixes and updates for version 1.8.3 here:

Thanks,
Tommy