Joining fail when system time is few seconds unsynced with internet time in web sdk but works fine from windows app

Main Concern
Joining fails when system time is not synced with internet time. We have checked in local and also at heroku. Actually some of our client machine’s system time have few seconds unsynced with internet time and they are facing this joining failure for a long time. But meetings can be joined from Windows app in this scenario. I can face it too if I change my system time from the synced time I too face same issue.

Few Details
We are using your latest code at github[sample-app-web-master] in our nodejs application.
We have PRO account.
We have tried updating version from 1.7.0 to 1.7.2 also.
You can get our latest created signature and a meeting id from the attached image.

Currently Stucked at
We also tried to use signature from your latest code at github[websdk-sample-signature-node.js] and use the signature from it to join meeting from our app and this time it fails even when our system time is in sync with world time.

You can see our latest generated signature and meeting id(after ‘mid:’) in the image attached(under resp) .
You can see the signature we have created using your sample app using crypto recently, tested from local and also from heroku().

Please tell us if any more information is needed.
We are stuck and tried from quite a while now. Please guide & suggest us as soon as possible. .

Screenshots
image_2020_04_01T15_23_34_839Z

Hey @sumanta4tech,

Can you see if these posts help:

Let me know if those help!

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

We have seen this posts already and tried changing the milliseconds getting subtracted out of new Date().getTime(). It has not worked yet. Rather this has also not worked when our system time is in sync with browser time and with taking timestamp by new Date().getTime().
Thats why we asked for help to determine things what is needed to keep in mind.
Is it necessary to sync the system time manually with browser time!! As the windows app runs fine with unsynced time!!

1.Can a meeting be started as host from web sdk if the system time is not in sync completely to seconds with browser time? (Yet windows app can be joined)

1. What should we have to keep in mind when changing the milliseconds getting subtracted out of new Date().getTime() (we tried with different values but no success, also seen when our system time was also in sync yet no join success)!!

Hey @sumanta4tech,

Can you please provide the email for the Zoom account being used to integrate the Web SDK to developersupport@zoom.us?

I looked up your account and you have a free basic account. To use the Web SDK, a Pro or higher account is required in order to make it work.

Thanks,
Tommy

We are using pro account.
Zoom account email - (we are using this)

I’ve provided all details in mail yesterday also(from- ).

And zoom’s Account No.

Hey @sumanta4tech,

Can you share your meeting signature to developersupport@zoom.us so I can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

I have already stated everything above what you are asking, please look into all the comments & image.

This one we get from calling this code github[websdk-sample-signature-node.js], this signature we have tested last-

Meeting id :
The attached image is of same details
We have tried in local and from heroku.
You can also create new signature from- with this meeting id(),role 1. We have not able to join even one time while keep our system time in sync.

Hi @tommy do you come up with anything?

Hey @sumanta4tech,

Did you purposely remove the meetingID and role? Getting undefined for those when base64decoding your signature.

Thanks,
Tommy

No. I didn’t get why/how that is happening or haven’t tried that what you are saying. But The meeting is still there.
You can check in account too. I mean we havn’t removed anything yet, neither purposely or accidently.
We have passed meeting id :and role 1 to get that signature.

You can also try create another signature with this above meeting id & role 1 and post call to-
We have tried this way many times from local and from this(above) heroku but not succeeded single time.

Hi tommy,
I have questions which we need to know too, can you answer this for me first please

1.Can a meeting be started as host from web sdk if the system time is not in sync completely to seconds with browser time? (websdk call joining fails but windows app can be joined, how!! Can that be managed in web-sdk too!!)

2.When using ur code of github[websdk-sample-signature-node.js] to create signature, What should we have to keep in mind when changing the milliseconds getting subtracted out of new Date().getTime() (we tried with different values but no success, also seen when our system time was also in sync yet no join success)!! (At this line: const timestamp = new Date().getTime() – 30000 )

Help please. We have few clients stucked due to they have no access to system settings/admin to manually sync their system time(sometimes their system time go unsynced with internet time to few seconds and their meeting fails to join from websdk).

Hey @sumanta4tech,

We are working to get the Zoom Web Client and Zoom Web SDK back online. Please keep up with our status page for detailed updates: status.zoom.us

The best workaround is to use the Zoom Desktop / Mobile app.

Just include the Zoom meeting join url (https://zoom.us/j/meetingID) on your site rather than showing the websdk / iframe. Clicking on the join url will open the Zoom meeting in the Zoom app.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Tommy

Under Maintenance, rght?

We are facing sync problem from nearly 3-4 weeks until now, and for the signature 3-4 days. Is it relevant to that!!!

Hey @sumanta4tech,

The signature problem yes.

Sorry for the inconvenience, please see the note from the Manager of Developer Relations at Zoom.

-Tommy