Join meeting timeout or signature expired

We are using zoom video call on our apps and web portal , we are facing join meeting timeout or signature expired randomly , trying to figure out to solve the issue.

Version we are using : 1.5
Sample Meeting id :
Account type : PRO
We are using market place JWT api key / secret only
1.5 → has ES5 does it still supported ? since latest releases has ES6

Code sample snippet:

var API_SECRET = ‘’;

var meetConfig = {
    apiKey: API_KEY,
    apiSecret: API_SECRET,
    meetingNumber: parseInt(meetingNumber),
    userName: providerName,
    passWord: "",
    leaveUrl: baseUrl,
    role: 1 // 1 is host, 0 is attendee, webinar just support 0
};

var signature = ZoomMtg.generateSignature({
    meetingNumber: meetConfig.meetingNumber,
    apiKey: meetConfig.apiKey,
    apiSecret: meetConfig.apiSecret,
    role: meetConfig.role,
    success: function(res){
        console.log(res.result);
    }
});

ZoomMtg.init({
    leaveUrl: baseUrl,
    isSupportAV: true,
    success: function () {
        ZoomMtg.join(
            {
                meetingNumber: meetConfig.meetingNumber,
                userName: meetConfig.userName,
                userEmail: meetConfig.email,
                signature: signature,
                apiKey: meetConfig.apiKey,
                passWord: meetConfig.passWord,
                success: function(res){
                    $('#nav-tool').hide();
                    console.log('join meeting success');
                    $("#loader").css("display", "none");
                },
                error: function(res) {
                    console.log(res);
                }
            }
        );
    },
    error: function(res) {
        console.log(res);
    }
});

Please help us to solve this issue

1 Like

Hey @vijayk.kannan,

Can you try upgrading to the latest version, 1.7.2?

Also was this working before today?

Related post:

Thanks,
Tommy

I can try to upgrade but that error appear randomly for last few months

Hey @vijayk.kannan,

Please let me know if upgrading fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

Today also we faced two calls this issue , don’t know what’s going on , please help

Hi @vijayk.kannan,

Can you share the meeting IDs that was used when the error happened? Also, can you post a screenshot of the Chome dev tools console as well?

Thanks

We have upgraded the sdk today to latest and did some testing and again we saw the join meeting error , meeting id 654873323

Please help us to fix this issue its been long time and my customers are getting frustrated due this pls do the needful

Console log

zoom-meeting-1.7.2.min.js:2 Zoom support you browser. Chrome/80.0.3987.149

zoom-meeting-1.7.2.min.js:2 You browser support below features

index1.7.js:4 {“browserInfo”:“Chrome/80.0.3987.149”,“browserName”:“Chrome”,“browserVersion”:“80.0.3987.149”,“features”:[“viewSharing”,“screenShare”,“computerAudio”,“computerVideo”,“callIn”,“callOut”,“chat”,“closedCaption”,“QA”]}

Hope someone will help me

Hey @vijayk.kannan,

What percentage of times does this happen?

Can you share a screenshot of the error?

Can you please share the signature of one of the meetings that has thrown that error?

Thanks,
Tommy

This happens about 5% over 200 calls we do every day , here is the signature

Here is the one more meeting id which has this issue

More issues on this latest version

• User cannot able to see their own video or image
  • Even if you allow camera or microphone on chrome still both has issues on using them

I am really like to talk to someone on the phone to sort out whats going please let me know

Hi @vijayk.kannan,

For the signature issue, make sure to use the system time and make sure the time syncs with world time.

1. Generate a signature by ZoomMtg.generateSignature. - Example of syncing your machine time using window 10
    e1b2c451-e93c-4238-b464-ead68f8cca69

Example for using Mac

1. Generate a signature by customer web backend with sync server time.

We are currently investigation to see if there is a sync issue on our end as well. We’ll follow up as soon as we’re done looking into it.

Can you post a screenshot of what they see and the developer console errors we want to make sure it’s not a config issue.

Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for your information , I have raised a ticket about the audio / video issue but still there was no answer about why my own video image was taken out by this release 1.7.2

Hi to all, the issue is with ZoomMtg.generateSignature that method is failing for some reason, if you generate the signature using your own backend as some examples shows It works

1 Like

Thanks for following up @JuanLopez. You are correct, to generate signatures please use a backend service.

@vijayk.kannan - We need to details so that we can further investigate. Can you post a screenshot of the Video issues within the Web SDK along with a screenshot of the Developer console logs, so that we can see the errors?

2 Likes

Hi Micheael!!

I have this problem with several users, the question is, not everyone can update the time because they are over intranet and the time is the one of their local server. Is there a way to solve it without them having to change the time?

Hey @sandra-rosiles,

Make sure you are generating your Web SDK signature server side in UTC time and it should work.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi all,
i am not getting how to pass time zone,because defualt it takes today’s date,anybody help me to solve my problem,i need to pass my input date to mail,its taking default date,thanks in advance.