Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again

@xpe @westmanmichael182 @arksouaf @nourhan.aloush @aravinthb

Can you send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with the following

1. Account Number
  2. Marketplace Email
  3. API Key/Secret
  4. Meeting Number (Password if it’s set)

@michael_p.zoom
I was writing the mail then thought i would try again before sending… and it worked

Thanks very much

1 Like

hey @xpe can you please tell me how it worked , i am too facing the same issue that is Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.

Just make sure you are using the correct meeting id (without ‘-’) and double check you api_key and secret.
In my case, after reviewing, there were an extra space character at the end of the in the api_secret field.

1 Like

I am still getting: “Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.”

Has this issue been resolved?

1 Like

Hey @trevorgreenleaf, @vikasprashar99

Please see Michaels post:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @xpe,

Happy to hear you got it working! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy I have sent the mail, please check

Not sure if this helps anyone, my problem seems to have been I was using the SDK key/secret instead of the JWT key/secret. I see Zoom has tentatively scheduled an update later in April to include clearer error codes so this could help diagnose issues in future.

I have tried all the suggestions posted here but nothing works to my avail. I still get the same error. Here is what i did to get this going:

1. Sign up for a market place account and get the jwt app api_secret and api_key
  2. clone the sample-web-app project from github
  3. In sample-web-app/Local/src updated the values of constants to the ones I found on the console
  4. in sample-web-app/Local executed npm start
  5. Start a conference using zoom desktop client
  6. Browse to http://localhost:9999 and use the meeting id and password from the desktop client.
  7. Change the username to abc@demo.com
  8. Hit Join

Expected: The conference call should connect.
Observed: The error message in title above.

My development environment is OSX Catalina, with Safari and FireFox.

For me, I’m having this timeout issue with meeting IDs generated by 3rd-parties.

For meeting IDs generated by the developer account (which also owns the API keys), I was able to join successfully with the sample app.

I should be able to join any meeting ID with my JWT token, so this is a bug, correct?

Hey @vikasprashar99,

Thanks, we will be with you shortly!

-Tommy

Hey @westmanmichael182,

Happy to hear you figured out your issue! Yes, you must use a JWT App for the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @jr898,

With the Web SDK, you are able to join any meeting, but you can only start meetings that belong to the same Zoom account that owns Web SDK JWT credentials.

Pass in role 0 to join meeting, and 1 to star meetings.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @nitinkhanna,

Are you using a JWT App for the key and secret credentials?

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes, I am using the JWT App. When I try to create an app it says your account already has JWT credentials. I use the values from there.

@tommy It appears I cannot create a sample JTW app it shows developer.zoom.us API as my JWT app. Is there something I am missing?

Is this issue resolved? I have been following this thread for about a week and get excited when it seems like some people have been able to get the ZoomSDK working. However i’m still not able to get things linked up so I figured i’d share where i’m at here on the thread…

1. I started with a fresh clone of Zoom’s sample-app-web running Local
  2. I have created a new API_KEY and API_SECRET with Zoom’s JWT Web App
  3. I have ran npm install and verified that version 1.7.5 is the version of @zoomus/websdk installed.
  4. when I go to the UI, I enter the zoom room and password of a room that I am current active and i’m logged into on another machine.
  • In the UI - I get a modal error of: Joining meeting timeout. Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.

• In the Network Tab - the actual network request response is:
    {status: false, errorCode: 200, errorMessage: “Invalid signature.”, result: null}
    however, the console.log output for the error shows:
    {method: “join”, status: false, result: null, errorMessage: undefined, errorCode: 1}

• For reference I added a console.log for the ZoomMtg.generateSignature reports out:
    {
    method: “generateSignature”
    errorCode: 0
    errorMessage: null
    result: “”
    }

I have even tried to create a new JWT App (new as of today) to get a new set of API Keys and Secrets to test, in case the old one generated last week was the problem/issue.

Please let me know what i’m missing and how I should proceed to get this work.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same Problem. How everyone happens to them. This already seems like an SDK bug. I guess

Replying to my own question. I found an issue with my account. I had a JWT API Key and Secret which would fail. I tried cycling the secret, it did not work as well. However, I registered a new account, created a new app and things seem to be working now.

Might be this helps others.

Hey @nitinkhanna,

You will need to contact your Zoom Owner / Admin for access to the developer permission. Then you can view your accounts JWT App.

Thanks,
Tommy